This recipe is always a big family favourite and so good for you, especially at this time of year. It's a real winter warmer!
- 500g cauliflower, (roughly 2 small heads) cut into medium florets
- 3x tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2x stalks celery, diced
- 2x teaspoons Thai red chilli paste
- 2x cloves garlic, minced
- 2x medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1x Amala Pure Health turmeric capsule
- 1x litre chicken broth
- 1x medium yellow onion, diced
- 1x can full-fat coconut milk
- 1x tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 juicy lime, plus more if needed
- small handful coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 capsule Amala Pure Health Turmeric and season.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until tender, flipping halfway through.
- In a large pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, remaining turmeric from your capsule, and a pinch of salt. Stir for 3 minutes or until softened and slightly translucent.
- Add the garlic, carrots, and celery, and cook for 10 minutes. Add the Thai chili paste and stir until evenly coated. Pour in chicken broth, grated ginger and the roasted cauliflower. Bring to a boil, reduce to heat to a low and simmer the soup for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Transfer in batches to a blender and mix until smooth. Put the soup back in the pan when smooth, place over low heat and stir in the coconut milk, lime juice and season to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
We would as always love your feedback on our Ayurvedic inspired recipes,