I love banana bread, mainly because I too often am left with over-ripened bananas in my fruit bowl. Obviously I'm not making the most of them when they are suitable for smoothie consumption! I've experimented with a number of different banana bread recipes over the years, but this one is my fave because instead of normal mixed spice I use my (warming hits you at the back of the throat) chai spice mix instead plus turmeric too! It's also a pretty healthy version to boot!
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil or olive oil
1/2 cup of honey, maple syrup or agave
2 large free range eggs
1 cup if mashed really ripe bananas
1/2 milk (I used normal milk but you can use any plant based milk of your choice too)
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 heaped tsp of Chai masala mix
1 tsp of turmeric ground turmeric powder
1 3/4 cup of wholemeal chapatti powder
1/2 cup of mixed dried berries (I love cranberries and raisins but you can use any mixed berries you like)
1. Set the oven to 180 degrees
2. Mix all your wet ingredients together in a bowl - oil, honey, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and whisk in your eggs.
3. In a separate bowl mix all your dry ingredients together chapatti flour, chai spice, turmeric, baking powder, salt.
4. Combine your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients it should form a fairly wet dough, don't over mix it.
5. Fold in your dried mixed berries
6. Pour into a greased 12 inch loaf tin
7. Bake for around 30-45 mins or until you can pierce skewer into the middle of the cake and it comes out clean.
8. Set aside to cool on a wire rack and devour!